EX-PNP CHIEF SINAS BACK AS ADVISER OF CEBU CITY’S PEACE AND ORDER COUNCIL

RHEA RUTH ROSELL

2022-07-05T07:00:00.0000000Z

2022-07-05T07:00:00.0000000Z

The Manila Times

https://digitaledition.manilatimes.net/article/281788517759877

Regions

FORMER Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Debold Sinas is back, this time as an adviser at Cebu City’s Peace and Order Council, Cebu City Mayor Michael Rama said on Monday, July 4. Sinas also served as undersecretary at former president Rodrigo Duterte’s office on Sept. 11, 2021. After the flag-raising ceremony at the Plaza Sugbo Grounds of the Cebu City Hall on Monday morning, Rama announced that Sinas will be the new adviser of the Cebu City’s Peace and Order Council. Sinas, for his part, said that he is very happy to be back in Cebu and vowed to support Rama’s plan of a “Singapore-like” Cebu City. He served as the 25th chief of the PNP for six months from November 2020 until his retirement on May 7, 2021. The former top police official became controversial for the mañanita party held for his 55th birthday last year at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic when mass gatherings were banned. A graduate of the Philippine Military Academy “Hinirang” Class of 1987, Sinas has served as director of the National Capital Regional Police Office. He was also the chief of the Central Visayas police.

en-ph